WINTER


    SHOOT ONE

FINAL IMAGES


(Fur Coat - Vintage, Embellished Dress - All Saints)



SHOOT TWO


FINAL IMAGES


 (Fur Coat - Miss Selfridge, Fringed Dress & Boots - Topshop)



 I teamed up with fashion photographer Maria Dragan and MUA Kylee Larissa, and planned a winter themed shoot! As the stylist, I chose two completely different outfits to add some variation to the shoot. Being a vintage shoot, I knew I had to use fur and dug out a gorgeous antarctic, white fur coat, that I had bought from a vintage shop ages ago. However, I have never trusted myself with it, as I knew I would spill ketchup or something on it… Since I had already chosen to risk my clumsiness and wear the fur, I chose a gold embellished dress, that was a STEAL (not literally) from All Saints.
The location of the shoot was a field... fortunately for me, I was modelling bare legged... in the rain…wearing a fur coat, which meant I looked like a drowned polar bear. It was also freezing, hence my frozen facial expression in the pictures, that lasted the rest of the day. MUA Kylee Larissa gave me dramatic smokey eyes, with subtle gold to match the outfit and used a natural shade for the lips. The first image won "Best Hair" on Inspired Magazine!

For the second outfit, I aimed for an edgy, grungy look. Last summer I went through a crazy obsession of buying anything fringed or with tassels, but 99.9% of it I never wore, purely because the tassels would get caught on something/someone and I would get embarrassed and want to run away… but I couldn't able to…because I was caught. ANYWAY, I thought this dress would be perfect (for the use of a photo shoot only) so I matched it with a black fur coat and cowboy, buckled boots from Topshop. And just when I thought it was all over…The photographer (Maria Dragan) informed me that she was eager to get a shot of me modelling, but this time with a rabbit... Which somehow led to me climbing in a rabbit cage, crawling around trying to grab the rabbit, whilst sat in rabbit poo. One hour, many scratches and a ruined outfit later, I eventually managed to get a shot with the evil bunny and survived it! Despite everything, we did get some final shots and will be working on another shoot together soon,

I'll keep you all updated, M x




Photography - Maria Dragan ©
Hair & MUA - Kylee Larissa
Stylist & Model - Marina Ablett




5 comments:

  1. beautiful shots and beautiful makeup! you're so lucky to be able to do shoots like these :)

    http://sittingwaitingwishin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing post, fabolous pics

    http://newlifewithfashion.blogspot.com/2013/02/405-navy-skirt.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Marina!
    It was such a great day, with amazing pictures! Cant wait for the next one....
    xx

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hair-and-MU-by-Kylee-Larissa/256099657759429

    ReplyDelete
  4. HII
    vERY PRETTY
    aMAZING THIS PICTURES
    :D
    SABRINA
    SABRINIZZA.WORDPRESS.COM

    ReplyDelete

 

Followers

CONTACT

MARINA@MARINADEBUCHI.COM